About the Doctor
Susan Maples, DDS
Dr Susan Maples is a Lansing Area native and has practiced dentistry in Holt for 27 years.
“Dentistry is a blessing to me.” Says Susan. “I can’t imagine anything I’d rather be doing than this! It’s a joy to make such a positive difference in the lives of my patients and team members.”
As a life-long student under some of the most renowned teachers in her field, she has successfully blurred the lines between work and play. Enhancing her education is not just a responsibility she holds dear, but a passionate hobby!
Susan is a graduate of East Lansing High School, Denison University (BS), University of Michigan (DDS) and Madonna University (MSBA) Her extensive post-doctorate training in advanced dental studies includes:
- The Dawson Academy: TMJ, Occlusion and Advanced Restoration
- Spear Education: Occlusion, Complex Restoration and Cosmetics
- Louisiana State University Cosmetics Continuum
- Kois Center: Occlusion, Complex Restoration and Cosmetics
- Turbyfill Seminars in advanced denture techniques
- Six Month Smiles: Short term orthodontics
As an active member in two advanced study clubs she studies with peers who are also leaders in advanced restorative, relationship-based dentistry:
- R.L. Fraser and Associates: National Study Club
- Terry Goss and Associates : Safety Harbor Study Club
She is an active member in the following organizations:
- American Dental Associates
- Michigan Dental Association
- Central District Dental Society
- AADPA: American Academy of Dental Practice Administration
- American College of Dentists
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
In 1999 Dr Susan was recognized as a leader in professional ethics and was tapped into the honorary society of the American College of Dentists. She participates in the ethics and practice management curriculums at the University of Michigan School of Dentistry.
Susan speaks to dental groups throughout the country in the areas of leadership, team-building, advanced case planning and acceptance, relationship-based target marketing, and growing healthy kids in your dental practice.
With all of her work in advanced dental restoration, Dr. Susan has never outgrown her love for working with children. She is the author and originator of the Hands-On Learning Lab ™ Kit for children, and is being recognized nationally for making a significant difference in children’s oral and physical health.
Susan feels it is also important to give back to our community. Our entire team donates time and care for people who are vulnerable, disabled, medically compromised or financially distraught. She is eager to speak before services organizations or promote children’s health with hands-on learning in our schools. She writes a monthly dental column in Healthy and Fit Magazine and is published in several nationally recognized dental journals including Dental Economics and the Journal of the Michigan Dental Association.
When she’s not practicing dentistry, Susan enjoys leadership coaching, team building and organizational development for several businesses outside of dentistry including Trinity Church.
In her free time Susan loves to hang with her 18 year old son, Hunter. She enjoys skiing (on snow and water), snowboarding, running, weight training, cooking and art.